All our professionals at Advanced Dental Implant Center maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in periodontics.
Dr Robert J Ryan, DDS
Dr. Ryan received his Bachelor Degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Northern Illinois. He then received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from Loyola Dental School. Upon completion, Dr. Ryan continued with his Residency and Specialty training in Periodontology at the University of Illinois Dental School, Chicago Medical Campus. He served as an associate faculty member in the Department of Periodontology at the Dental School. Dr Ryan has completed advanced training in Dental Implantology and is a Credentialed Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. He is a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, International Congress of Implantologists, American Acadamy of Periodontology, the Illinois Society of Periodondists, and has served on numerous committees of local dental societies, including past President of the Northwest Suburban Branch of the Chicago Dental Society. Dr. Ryan has presented numerous seminars on Periodontology and implantology and is the founder of Prospect Study Group, dedicated to continuing education in the field of Implantology.
Dr. Ryan is married to his wife Nancy for 42 years, and has two children, and 2 grandchildren. He is active in St. Anne parish in Barrington where they have resided and raised their family for over 30 years. They both enjoy numerous outdoor activities in the summer, and skiing in the winter.
Below is a profile of Dr. Ryan from his CV.
- Comprehensive experience in patient treatment planning, periodontal, reconstructive, and implant surgery.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of periodontal treatment, both surgical and non surgical.
- Proficient in all forms of hard and soft tissue reconstructive surgery with special expertise in cosmetic/root coverage procedures.
- Proven abilities in dental implant planning and placement using Simplant and Materialise techniques. Skilled in extraction and immediate implants with provisionalization using acrylic temps, Essix, Snap-on–Smile and flippers.
- Perform most forms of ridge augmentation and sinus elevation procedures using particulate, barriers, and bone block grafting techniques. Special talent in ridge splitting/expansion surgery.
- Capable of doing apicoectomies either prescription or during periosurgery should the need arise, as well as extraction of impacted thirds and implant retrieval/removal and most forms of common surgical procedures including soft and hard tissue biopsies.
- Considerable experience in managing desquamative oral and gingival lesions via immunologic biopsy techniques and medication.
- Utilize oral conscience sedation techniques to manage apprehensive patients
- Knowledgeable in training and supervising clinical staff/hygienists in protocols for managing periodontal patients with appropriate algorithms and provide direction and organization in establishing an in-office periodontal program
Dr. Ryan is a Diplomate in The American Board of Implantology/Implant Dentistry
Dr. Robert Ryan is one of approximately 300 clinicians in the entire United States who enjoy the credentials , ” Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry”, and one of only three Periodontists in the state of Illinois.
The ABOI/ID Diplomate designation symbolizes the highest level of competence in implant dentistry. Certification by the ABOI/ID attests to the fact that a dentist has demonstrated knowledge, ability, and proficiency in implant dentistry through a rigorous examination process.
The certification process is the most extensive credentialing exam in the field of Implantology, ensuring in-depth knowledge, and proficient skills and abilities in both the surgical and restorative aspects of implant dentistry as well as in critical aftercare even if they perform only the surgical or restorative phase. There are no other comparable credentialing examinations in Implantology that matches this.
*The American Board of Oral Implantology/ Implant Dentistry (ABOI/ID) is an independent organization that is sponsored by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Its mission is to elevate the standards and to advance the science and art of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry by encouraging its study and improving its practice.
MEET THE TEAM
Each one of our team members brings unique training and skills to her position, and we are proud of the level of expertise that they bring to your dental experience. They strive to put your needs and comfort first, so that you are always provided with efficient, comprehensive and compassionate care.
In addition, Monika is fluent in Polish and Tatyana is fluent in Russian and they will be happy to help our Polish and Russian patients, so thay they too may have the personalized care that they deserve.
Monika has been with us for over 10 years and is usually the first person you see and speak with when contacting our office. She coordinates scheduling, billing and many other administrative elements of our practice. She is skilled in assisting our patients with all of their needs, including insurance processing, office appointments and treatment planning. It is her goal to make sure that all of our patients feel comfortable by assisting them with their needs.
In her free time, Monika enjoys reading and spending time with her husband and two children. She also enjoys watching her 18 month old grandson and is looking forward to another one.
Nancy has been with us for over 25years and is a vital part of the practice. She is involved in both the clinical and business aspects of the office. She is dedicated to being the patient's advocate when working with insurance companies to secure all the benefits that are due them.
Nancy is very interested in implant dentistry and continues to attend yearly conferences to advance her knowledge and skills. She is a member of the Association of Dental Implant Auxiliary.
Nancy is an avid reading and enjoys gardening. She has 2 grandchildren that she enjoys watching.
Hayrie is new to our office but she has been in the dental field for over 12yrs. She is well trained in surgical procedures and implantology.
On her time off she enjoys swimming with her two young sons.